Television stations is a broadcasting station that broadcasts spread in the form of audio and video together to television receivers in specific regions. Television stations are divided into several types of commercial television stations and non-commercial television stations, public television stations, local and national views of coverage.
Television broadcasting system standards set by the government, and these vary across the nations. Broadcast television stations via analogue systems which are usually limited to one television channel, but digital television also allows broadcasters via subchannel. “Television stations”, this term is usually applied to a terrestrial television station, and not for broadcasting cable television or satellite television.
Broadcast television stations usually require a license from a government agency that establishes the requirements and restrictions station. In the Republic of Indonesia, for example, defines the range of broadcast television license, or a geographical region that the station limited to, allocating broadcast frequencies of the radio spectrum for transmission that the station, determine the limits of what type of television programs can be programmed to broadcast, and requires station to broadcast a minimum number of certain kinds of programs, such as public affairs messages, among others.
Most commercial television stations are owned independently by private sector, but a good deal with the network television affiliates d or owned-and-operated (O & O) television network. Another form of a television station can take is a non-commercial Public Broadcasting (TVRI ) and is considered public broadcasting.
To avoid concentration of media ownership of television stations, government regulations in most countries generally restrict ownership of television stations with network television or other media operators, but this rule varies. Several countries have established national television networks, in which each television station to act as a repeater solely as a national program. In these countries, the local television station has no station identification and, from a consumer standpoint, there is no practical difference between the network and stations, with only minor regional changes in programming, such as local television news.
Herebelow the Indonesia regulation related to broadcasting
What we can do ?
- Merger and Acquisition National TV Networks
- Determine Growth Markets/Services:
- identifying growth opportunities in business or service lines, markets served, or any combination thereof
- Identify Merger and Acquisition Candidates
- The second step of the acquisition process involves the proactive identification of the universe of potential merger or acquisition candidates that could meet strategic financial growth objectives in identified markets or service lines.
- Assess Strategic Financial Position and Fit:
At this stage following questions shall be answered,
- What are the likely benefits of a transaction with this acquisition target?
- What are the risks?
- How does this target compare to other targeted opportunities?Acquisition Local TV Network
- Conduct Valuation
The fourth step in the acquisition process involves assessing the value of the target, identifying alternatives for structuring the merger or acquisition transactions, evaluating these, and selecting the structure that would best enable the organization to achieve its objectives, and developing an offer.There are three key valuation methods: discounted cash flow analysis, comparable transaction analysis, and comparable publicly traded company analysis. To identify a realistic valuation range, corporate leadership should select best suitable method.
- Make a Go/No-Go Decision
Corporate leadership must determine the likely benefits and drawbacks of the proposed acquisition or merger according to the questions discussed earlier and make a high-quality decision.During the decision-making process, leaders identify whether the strategic value-added case for a combined entity is compelling enough to proceed (or not).
- Implement Transaction and Monitor Ongoing Performance:
The analysis seeks answers to such questions as,
- Will management make the tough operational changes required to achieve the financial benefits?
- What are the HR implications? Is there constituent support (management, board, service providers, community, and employees)?
- What are the legal and regulatory challenges (Court approvals, DGPT Regulations, Tax implications, etc)?
- What are the financial, organizational, and community-related risks of failure?
A successful merger or acquisition involves combining two organizations in an expedient manner to maximize strategic value while minimizing distraction or disruption to existing operations.
This includes having a ready mechanism to deal with any future problem in the implementation of the dealapplication for New Digital TV Network
- Determine Growth Markets/Services:
- Set up and operate National TV Network
- Investment Agreement Private Equity on TV Networks
- TV Operation Funding